Module 1 Friday, May 3
Keynote address: “The Promise of Hospitality in a Multi-faith World,” by Dr. Richard Kearney, the Charles B. Seelig Chair of Philosophy at Boston College and author of more than 20 books, including Hosting the Stranger: Between Religions Oakland Center Banquet Room. 7 p.m. | Free admission | Open to the public.
Module 2 Saturday, May 4
- Sergio Mazza, former president of American National Standards Institute and interfaith activist, “Hospitality: The Promise for Business in a Multi-faith World”
- Dr. Sandor Goodhart, Purdue University, “The Promise of Hospitality: G/hosts, Guests, Strangers, and Enemies in a Multi-faith World”
- Discussions on the importance of hospitality in everyday life and overviews of hospitality in core religious traditions.
156 North Foundation Hall
8:30 a.m. to 5 p.m. | $15 per person
Module 3 Saturday, May 4
Dinner at First Congregational Church, 1315 North Pine Street, Rochester Hills, Mich. 48307. 5:30 – 7 p.m. | $15 per person.
Module 4 Saturday, May 4
Full Impact Theater (formerly Michigan Youth Theater) presenting The Good Person of Szechwan.
First Congregational Sanctuary | 7 – 9:30 p.m. | $10 per person. ALL ARE WELCOME!
- $5 discount for registering all four Modules ($35)
- On-site registration for event modules will be available throughout the summit. For more information and toregister, visit essentialcore.org/summit.
- There will be a next steps/follow-up meeting after the summit on Sunday, May 5 from 2 – 4 p.m