All six camps being offered by Michigan Disciples this summer have moved to a new online registration process, with the three youth camps active now.
“We have made the registration process more convenient to parents and campers to be able to register for camp at a time convenient to them,” said Tim Murtaugh, Crystal Commission chairperson.
All links to Camp Crystal registration forms will be available at the “Online Registrations” page of the Camp Crystal website, www.campcrystal.org.
Early Bird Discounts end APRIL 30
REGISTER ONLINE AT
We welcome Angela Christie, administrative assistant at First Christian Church in Cadillac, who will be our Camp Crystal Registrar this year. She will be receiving your registrations, processing them for camp Deans and getting mailings out to you and the camp deans prior to each camp. Watch for emails from CrystalRegistrar@michigandisciples.org, once you register.
“We are excited about our 102nd year of camping at the beautiful Crystal Conference Center,” noted Murtaugh. Questions about the registration process for camp should be directed to Tim at firstname.lastname@example.org or 502.352.8882.
“We appreciate the work of pastor Tim and Angela, who will be handling the camp registration process this year,” said Regional Minister Eugene James. They are the ones to be in contact with, rather than the Regional office, for all Michigan Disciples camp registrations and questions, he added.
New Grandparents & Me camp
New this year will be a camp for grandparents to join with grandkids to enjoy the magic of Crystal together, July 6-9. The option will be to stay one to four overnights with the mornings being available for the kids to be part of the unique Vacation Bible School sessions. Vacation Bible School Camp will be offered as a separate event as well for area children.
“I am excited about Vacation Bible School/Grandparent and Me camp,” said Rev. Jill Forton, pastor of Cascade Christian Church and Camp Crystal program director. “These two events on the same dates will be a great way to retreat to Northern Michigan, mix up the ages of people who love God, and work with other adults in teaching the Good News of Jesus to kids through Vacation Bible School,” Jill added.
Things to know about registering for camp this year:
- Campers will focus on the theme “This is our prayer,” exploring the shared longings of the human heart and all the different ways Christians have prayed throughout history.
- Early Bird discounts for the week-long camps have been extended this year to April 30, saving registrants $50 per camper.
- A registration deadline 16 days prior to the start of camp will mean registrations need to be received before that date to allow time to order food, prepare staff and programs for campers.
Payment will be by credit card with full payment at the time of registration.
- Campers are encouraged to work with their churches or camping group in advance to receive scholarship assistance.
- A limited number of Fuller Scholarships are available from the Region by contacting Tim Murtaugh email@example.com.
- Watch for updates on the Camp Crystal website, www.campcrystal.org, Facebook at facebook.com/campcrystalMI, Twitter and Instagram @CampCrystalMI.
Camp Dates and Registration Deadlines:
Elementary June 21-26 – June 5 Noon
Middle School July 12-18 – June 26 Noon
High School July 12-18 – June 26 Noon
VBS July 6-9 – June 19 Noon
Grandparents & Me July 6-9 – June 19 Noon
Family of God July 19-25 – July 3 Noon